Mould Restoration Services
It only takes a small water leak, or even excess humidity, for mould to form in your home or business. Then, mould can spread quickly through the property in as little as 48 hours. Mould can produce allergens and irritants, and it has the potential to cause other health effects. If your home or business has a mould problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialised training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mould infestation.
- Mould is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mould spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mould spores thrive on moisture. Mould spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mould remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mould may return.
- Mould often produces a strong, musty odour and can lead you to possible mould problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mould growth.
Proper Structural Drying Prevents Mould Growth
- Mould growth results from the failure of quick and proper drying following water intrusion. Here are some steps to alleviate on-going problems:
- Moisture levels in all affected building components should be measured to determine where the water damage has occurred.
- Hidden moisture, such as in ceiling plenums and wall cavities, must be tracked and measured.
- The right equipment for the job must be properly placed for rapid drying.
- Daily moisture readings should be recorded and reported (a critical defence in case of health allegations).
- Determine the building’s normal moisture level and document goal attainment.
Our Professional and trained technicians use the most up-to-date commercial dehumidification and air purifying equipment available, following all guidelines for indoor air quality. Experienced in all hazardous materials, Promptex has a keen understanding of environmental compliance, safety, health and transportation regulations.